Its been over a month now since I posted on this blog and its because I think I'm having more responsibilities! Anyways the major good news is that my wife gave birth to our daughter - Hadassah on Friday October 26th and since then I've known what it means for a young man to be 'responsible'. Well if you think you are responsible already, then wait till you have a baby! I'm so excited though and I'm hoping I'll be the best dad ever.
So what else have been happening to me? I have successfully launched the Voting Solutions for the Celebrity Takes 2 TV show and viewers in Nigeria, Egypt, South Africa, United Kingdom, and the United States can now vote for their favourite celebrity dancer! Apart from managing the SMS Voting solution project I've been looking more into Web Analytics.
Wikipedia defined Web Analytics as '' the study of the behaviour of website visitors. In a commercial context, web analytics especially refers to the use of data collected from a web site to determine which aspects of the website work towards the business objectives; for example, which landing pages encourage people to make a purchase''
As a web consultant its imperative that I have a more strategic view of data gleaned from the sites I currently manage or will manage in the future. So whats my game plan?
- Be more involved in the website analysis part of my job
- Upgrade my skills by reading a few books including Web Analytics: An Hour a Day by Avinash Kaushik
- Attend Web Analytics Wednesday events and conferences
- Blog on what I've learnt and my real life experiences in analysing high transactional websites
- And anything else that will expand my knowledge base and experience in making websites more effective!
If you're also interested in web analytics, why don’t you get in touch with me so we can tap each other's brain!